Cleaning Update:
- Next week we will have a lot more updates for you. At this time, it sounds like by the end of Monday most rooms will be done. They will provide me the exact date for waxing the hallways. Likely end of next week. I will continue to do my best to keep you posted.
Welcome New Hires:
- Welcome to our new morning 4K teachers. Jennica and RuthAnn will be teaching their cohort of students in the Wrap Around rooms. We are excited for this opportunity and even more excited to have these two ladies taking on this new role.
- Jennica Thompson
- RuthAnn Scharf
Change in assignment:
- Mrs. Brooks :) will be our Youth Advocate (pending board approval on Aug. 24). Below is a short description of the position:
- The Youth Advocate (YA) serves as an advocate for students who encounter barriers to achievement, engagement and emotional regulation. This position is designed to support a positive, safe and culturally-responsive school environment, improve student attendance and opportunities for students who are not engaged in their learning. The YA will use outreach strategies that may include but are not limited to, non-violent crisis interventions, restorative justice practices, ZONES of Regulation, mediation skills, trauma informed practices, PBIS and other school wide behavior support programs to promote student engagement, positive behaviors and connections within the school community. The YA will work directly with principal, Student Services, students, staff and families. The YA will collaborate with other Youth Advocates as appropriate.
Surveys:
- Our first survey to gauge families intentions for returning to school provided us with a great deal of information. 84% of the responses indicated a preference to attend in-person. This has allowed our principal team to think through the plan for how the virtual option will look for students and the volume of those likely taking that option.
- Our next survey, goes out today. This survey will be an official confirmation of the plan for each student. In-person or Virtual. We will begin reviewing these results next Wednesday.
Voluntary Virtual Staff Meetings - "Thirty with Thoreson":
- There is so much I want to talk through with all of you. In an effort to get through everything, I will be offering voluntary virtual 30 minute short staff meetings (not necessary to have your camera on if you might still be laying in bed 😀). If you do not want to attend, no worries, I will send out the slides for you to review. I really would like to review it with as many of you as I can to get feedback and ideas to finalize the "Tanner Way of Mitigating". I want you to have as much time as you can in your classrooms the week of the 24th. 👍
- Wednesday, August 12 - 7:30 AM - Topic - Classroom and Hallway Mitigation
- Thursday, August 13 - 7:30 AM - Topic - Specials and Recess Mitigation
- More meetings TBD
Tanner FAQ:
- I recognize and respect that there are a ton of questions. In an effort to get all of those questions answered, the best I can, please enter your question in the form below (anonymous). I will publish this and don't be surprised if I leave it unanswered as I will likely need to get answers or think about them deeply with help from others. Of course, there may be questions that you want to talk privately with me about. Certainly continue to reach out to me with those. I'm just trying to streamline some communications. Thank you!
Book Room:
- Check out the progress on the book room! Thank you to all of you that chipped in to get it to this point. Much more to do yet, but such a great start!
August 11 - PAC Mtg. @ 6:00
August 19 & 20 - New Teacher Orientation





No comments:
Post a Comment